Account Executive, Direct Mail
Description:CDR Fundraising Group, a well-established, full-service direct marketing company, with offices in Bowie, MD, and Arlington, VA, is seeking a skilled Account Executive to join our Direct Mal Department. The Account Executive is responsible for assisting in the development of our non-profit client’s strategy and the creation and implementation of campaigns for our non-profit clients to acquire, cultivate and solicit direct mail donors in a fast-paced and creative environment.
- Helps develop and implement strategies to maintain and/or expand fundraising programs for assigned clients
- Helps prepare a mail plan for each account to identify what short- and long-term goals need to be met and how to meet them
- Provides reports on the budget and donor activity for each assigned client
- Interfaces with the client to understand the client's overall objectives and requirements
- Contacts clients on a regular basis to maintain the account relationship
- Prepares and conducts presentations for clients
- Participates in trade shows by representing CDR and sharing information on company services
- Shares ideas and client needs throughout all phases of client life cycle (plan, design, integrate, implement, manage, report)
- Contributes to the quarterly and annual business forecasting by providing account trends and sharing future client needs
- Develops short-term strategic plans designed to ensure client satisfaction by identifying customer issues and offering creative and timely solutions to those issues
- Develops and implements new and innovative approaches to provide, expand or improve current practices
- Develops long-term strategic plans designed to ensure account retention, continued account success and realistic program expansion
- Review creative and copy assets cross-client and fundraising channel to ensure proper strategy implementation and best practices.
- Contribute to CDR’s presence in the direct response fundraising industry through knowledge sharing via whitepapers and conference presence.
The major areas of expertise include:
- Proactive Planning
- Results Analysis
- Account Management
- Client Management
- Knowledge of and experience with marketing for nonprofits, including any or all of the following: direct mail, telemarketing, online — including email, social or mobile marketing, face to face.
- Ability to work in a team environment to meet client fundraising goals.
- Agency experience highly desirable.
- Ability to handle multiple projects; a resourceful self-starter who can take initiative and follow through on projects.
- Ability to adapt to change and prioritize constantly shifting opportunities.
- Attention to detail and strong organizational skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint and basic understanding of analytics.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Education:• Education: Four-year degree or equivalent. Degree in Marketing or Communications especially useful, but not required. • Experience: Four or more years of direct marketing fundraising experience with nonprofit clients.
Experience:• Knowledge of and experience with marketing for nonprofits, including any or all of the following: direct mail, telemarketing, online — including email, social or mobile marketing, face to face. • Ability to monitor and project performance. • Ability to work in a team environment to meet client fundraising goals. • Agency experience highly desirable. • Ability to handle multiple projects; a resourceful self-starter who can take initiative and follow through on projects. • Ability to adapt to change and prioritize constantly shifting opportunities. • Attention to detail and strong organizational skills. • Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint and basic understanding of analytics. • Strong written and verbal communication skills.