Associate Director Project Management
The Associate Director, Project Management is responsible for ensuring efficient and effective workflow of all client work through the agency. This includes monitoring resource allocation, developing systems, overseeing technology solutions, and hiring and managing the project management team. The objective of this team is to the drive the completion of multiple projects through account team collaboration, ensuring the high quality and timely delivery of direct marketing projects. Critical to the success of this role will be the setting and management of expectations for the following: project scope, timelines, tools, roles and responsibilities, accountability, team building and communication.
- Continuously improve, document and communicate our project management strategy for the agency, including and cultivating key stake-holders to generate both excitement and accountability.
- Develop accurate project scopes and timelines for both direct mail and digital projects in collaboration with account teams.
- Create, improve and maintain a standard and streamlined workflow process for project teams.
- Develop templates for different categories of projects dependent on scope.
- Launch and maintain Workfront system.
- Manage and monitor changes in scope, prioritization and schedules.
- Oversee frequently fluctuating schedules; influence team cooperation concerning adjustments to support schedule variations.
- Ensure that projects are delivered on time.
- Monitor and manage resource allocation.
- Hire, train and manage Project Managers and other team members as needed.
- Encourage a spirit of teamwork and cooperation within the account teams and amongst departments.
- Uphold the company’s vision, mission and values.
- Highlight potential risks, challenges and delays and facilitate proactive resolution.
- Create status reports and deliver to account team and management.
- Develop and maintain project documentation.
- Initiate changes to processes and schedules as needed.
- Continually review and optimize processes to eliminate waste and improve efficiency.
- Demonstrated outstanding organizational, time management and planning expertise.
- Ability to remain calm and collected under pressure; adaptable and flexible in an ever-changing environment.
- Demonstrated excellence in managing multiple priorities; a resourceful self-starter who can take initiative and follow through on projects.
- Demonstrated ability to motivate teams to adhere to schedules.
- Strong work ethic and ability to thrive in a collaborative team environment.
- In depth understanding of process, workflow and Project Management best practices.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to think critically and develop creative solutions.
- Seven-plus years of experience in a Project Management or Traffic Management Role.
- Direct marketing agency experience required, including an in-depth understanding of both direct mail and digital.
- Experience with Workfront project management system required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in marketing, project management, operations management or a related field.
- PMP certification is desirable, but not required.
Creative Direct Response, Inc., is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
All applicants should provide a resume and cover letter including salary requirements. Click here to apply: CDR Associate Director Project Management.