Email Marketing Specialist
Description:CDR Fundraising Group, a well-established, full-service direct marketing company, with offices in Bowie, MD, and Arlington, VA, is seeking a skilled Email Marketing Specialist to join our Digital Media Department. The Email Marketing Specialist is the expert in all things related to email marketing. You are the in-house implementer of all email marketing campaigns from the stages of copy creation to delivery confirmation. You are passionate about making sure emails reach users and display accurately and effectively on mobile, tablets and desktops.
- Designing and coding engaging email templates
- Write clean and compliant code to ensure proper formatting across all email client platforms such as Outlook, Gmail, Yahoo, Apple Mail, AOL
- Outline email communication strategy, testing and audience segmentation plans for nonprofit clients
- Assist with managing fundraising, advocacy and cultivation email initiatives and campaigns including creation, scheduling, copy and graphic development
- Build email and digital marketing campaigns in eCRM platform, including quality control, testing and deployment
- Ensure timely deployment of email campaigns
- Work with testing schedules to ensure timely and effective implementation; make ongoing adjustments to marketing efforts as necessary to optimize results
- Provide reports and analysis for active digital marketing and fundraising efforts
- Work on multiple clients and campaigns simultaneously
- Communicate and engage with account executives and graphic artists
- Serve as a learning resource to coworkers
- Understanding of all facets of email marketing campaigns, including content development, design and formatting, delivery targeting, and performance reporting and analysis.
- Experience creating and managing email campaigns on platforms such as Luminate Online, Constant Contact, Salsa, MailChimp, Delivra and informz.
- Strong knowledge of current email best practices including: mobile responsiveness, personalization, design, motion, etc.
- Ability to hand code HTML
- Experience using responsive code or responsive email frameworks like ZURB, Ink, etc
- Ability to build email templates that adhere to best design and deliverability practices
- Ability to take a PSD mockup, slice it up and code into an email template
- Manage multiple tasks in a dynamic, fast-paced corporate environment
- Deliver pixel perfect, quality assurance tested work
- Comfortable working independently, or as part of a team across the organization
- Understand email deliverability best practices and adhere to them
- Understand how to analyze and comprehend email performance metrics
- Attention to detail
- Strong organization and planning skills.
- Ability to advance multiple projects without compromising results
- Good communication (oral and written)
- Analytical, self-motivated, detail-oriented and organized
- Friendly, customer-service oriented attitude.
Education:• BA/BS in Interactive Design, Web Design, or related field
Experience:• One to three years of experience in front-end design capacity. • Experience using Google Analytics and/or Google AdWords user; web analytic data to identify website performance gaps a plus • Experience with Blackbaud Convio/Luminate Online, Salsa, Classy, Engaging Networks highly desired. • Prior experience working in an agency environment is a plus
To Apply: Please send cover letter, resume and salary requirements to CDR’s HR Generalist Allison Reep at email@example.com with Web Developer in the subject line.