Senior Web Developer
Description:CDR Fundraising Group, a well-established, full-service direct marketing company, with offices in Bowie, MD, and Arlington, VA, is seeking a skilled Web Developer to join our Digital Media Department. The Senior Web Developer is the guru of everything back-end related with some front-end chops. You’re the chief architect of data flow between multiple systems and are comfortable working with third-party API’s. You’re an unstoppable force when it comes to using third-party solutions to enhance out-of-the-box platforms. You’ll work with the web developers, account executives and designers to transform strategy and design into interactive builds which provides a user experience beyond what our clients and users expect. The ideal candidate is someone who sees themselves as one stop solution provider for all our clients web development needs.
- Provides technical leadership and assumes overall accountability for a successful implementation phase on client projects.
- Write clean and well documented code.
- Understand the technical requirements for complicated web development builds and become an overnight expert in explaining them internally and to our clients
- Map out data schema and data flow between multiple platforms
- Follow detailed workflows for project reviews, QA, edits
- Work on multiple clients and campaigns simultaneously
- Communicate and engage with web developers, account executives and graphic artists
- Scope out web development requirements, timelines and costs for client campaigns
- Serve as a learning resource to coworkers
- Experienced with all stages of the development cycle for dynamic web projects.
- Strong knowledge of latest web development technologies, best practices and developments.
- Knowledge of the major backend languages like PHP, MySQL, Apache, .NET, C#
- Knowledge working with frameworks like LaRavel, Angular.JS, Ember.JS, Phone GAP or equivalent
- Experience using web API services (SOAP, XML, JSON, REST) and working with and integrating third-party API’s.
- Experience building responsive customer sites and creating plugins using Drupal, Wordpress and the latest web technologies.
- Ability to take a PSD mockup, slice it up and code into an interactive web component
- Experience with custom theme building in CMS platforms such as WordPress or Drupal
- Ability to handle multiple complex projects; a resourceful self-starter who can take initiative and follow through on projects.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks in a dynamic, fast-paced corporate environment
Education:• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Math or equivalent experience.
Experience:• 7+ years web development experience which includes the programming/ development of web applications. • Experience using Google Analytics and/or Google AdWords user; web analytic data to identify website performance gaps a plus • Experience with Blackbaud Convio/Luminate Online, Salsa, Classy, Engaging Networks highly desired. • Experience with Facebook Application development/integration is a huge plus but not required • Prior experience working in an agency environment is a plus
To Apply: Please send cover letter, resume and salary requirements to CDR’s HR Generalist Allison Reep at firstname.lastname@example.org with Senior Web Developer in the subject line.